Apply for StartupBRICS EMERGING Mediterranean Program 2022 for MENA Entrepreneurs. Here’s how to Apply:
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022
EMERGING Valley, with the support of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and the French Development Agency (AFD), launched the EMERGING Mediterranean program in 2020.
EMERGING Mediterranean is an acceleration program for entrepreneurs with high social and environmental impacts from the southern shore of the Mediterranean -Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya- committed to e-health, mobility, agritech, environment, edtech, social and solidarity economy or female entrepreneurship. EMERGING Mediterranean is a comprehensive program, which combines financial support, educational support, networking and visibility, and whose advantages for entrepreneurs are numerous:
- customized and personalized mentoring,
- fundraising support,
- preparation for scale-up,
- accelerating social and inclusive innovation,
- exchanges between peers,
This program has been designed to identify, accelerate and nurture the advocacy of Mediterranean “Tech for Good” startups, and has the ambition to create a community of impactful digital leaders. Initiated by Samir ABDELKRIM (Qualified Personality for France, member of the “Assembly of 100”), EMERGING Mediterranean is an initiative labeled Summit of the Two Shores. This diplomatic meeting organized in June 2019 brought together the 5+5 countries (northern and southern shores of the Mediterranean) with the aim of identifying emerging civil society projects that strengthen multilateral Mediterranean partnerships. EMERGING Mediterranean has been selected among 270 projects to make the Mediterranean the Lab of Sustainable Development Goals through digital and to support entrepreneurs and their innovative solutions.
The submission of applications to participate in the Program is free of charge and open to any project leader with the following characteristics:
- be of legal age (+ 18 years);
- have a company that has been in existence for more than 18 months and is domiciled in one of the five (5) countries covered by the EMERGING Mediterranean Program (Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia);
- Have a project related to one of the themes below-mentionned:
- Social and Solidarity Economy
- master the French or English language and agree to express themselves in one of these two languages during the various events planned by the Program;
- not be an EMERGING Mediterranean Laureate from previous editions.
Thirty startups will be selected after a call for applications and will participate in a 72h-hybrid-Bootcamp organized from a country of the Southern Shore where intensive training and personalized coaching will be offered.
This bootcamp will also mark the beginning of a pitch competition at the end of which 6 winners (1 winner per country and 1 winner for the Women Entrepreneurship Award) will be chosen and will win a high value-added coaching package.
This package is composed of:
- A grant of 5000 euros,
- Personalized technical support through individual mentoring sessions
- An important visibility push and media support,
- Integration into the Social & Inclusive Business Camp acceleration program (3 months of pedagogical support by experts in the sector, ending with a Bootcamp in Marseille and a speed-pitching day in front of a panel of investors,
- Transportation and accommodation for the annual EMERGING Valley Summit in Marseille,
- Full-pass to the EMERGING Valley Summit where the laureates’ projects will be highlighted
For More Information:
- Apply for The Lagos State Employability Support Project 2022
- World Trade Organization 2023 Young Professionals Programme (CHF 4,000 Monthly Salary)
- SAPPI Career Opportunities: Bursary Application 2023 for South Africans
- Kaduna State/ Click-on Data Science Fellowship Program 2022