The Start Up Energy Transition Award (SET) is an international competition for start-ups worldwide who are working on ideas affecting the global energy transition and climate change. In the last six years, the award has received more than 2,700 applications from over 100 countries.
Award categories 2023
Clean Energy & Storage: Generating, storing and distributing renewable energy is central to the energy transition. This category focusses on start-ups decarbonising our most energy-intensive sectors and accelerating the adoption of new solutions.
Mobility & Transportation: Transportation and mobility continue to be one of the most essential but energy-intensive sectors. This category rewards creative solutions that span the large and the physical to the virtual and the digital.
Industry: Industry emits 33% of GHG emissions and uses 38% of global energy. Innovation here is one of the most important ways to decarbonise. A new category for 2023, could your start-up be the game-changer?
Buildings & Construction: The built environment accounts for 30% of global energy usage through construction, materials or just through temperature management. New for 2023, this rewards those creating comfortable, cost-effective, energy-efficient buildings of the future.
Quality Energy Access & SDG-7: This category rewards start-ups working with and empowering the communities that are most impacted by climate change. Innovations focused on positive social impact will score big here.
- Application Deadline – 16 January, 2023
- 17 January – 16 February, 2023 – Start-ups rating
- 17 February, 2023 – SET100 & finalists revealed
- 28 March, 2023 – Winners announcement
- €10,000 prize money per winner
- Profile of startup celebrated across the World Energy Council’s global energy network in 99 countries
- Opportunity to attend the World Energy Leaders Summit
- Extra visibility and PR
- Speaking slot at the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue 2023
1. Founding Year: The start-up must not have been founded longer than ten years ago. In other words, the date of foundation cannot exceed 2012.
2 – Application Language: As SET is a global competition with an international jury, the application, including any attached documents, must be in English.
3 – Company Registration: The start-up applying must be registered, or be in the process of becoming registered.
4 – Technology Readiness Level: The start-up must be able to present a functioning prototype and a proof of concept or a client, and/or an industrial/corporate/institutional partner.
5 – Completed form: The applicant must fill out the entire form. Partially completed applications will not be accepted
Note: Applicants may only apply to one category and all subsequent applications to other categories will be disqualified. Previous applicants from other years are welcome to apply again!
- Contract Copywriter Needed at Prospa
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Tech Learning Pathway)
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Career Readiness Pathway)
- Call for Applications: Shell ASSESSED Internship Program 2023 for Young Africans
- Prospa is Hiring Graduate Trainees
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services