Stand End to Rape Initiative wants to engage Research Assistants in 17 states for 4 weeks.
Terms of Reference (TOR) Data Collection on the SGBV Accountability), Project
To ensure the collection of accurate data from MDAs and Institutions using good data collection practices and methodologies across states in Nigeria.
Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER) is a youth-led social enterprise advocating against sexual and gender-based violence, providing prevention mechanisms and supporting survivors with psychosocial services. STER adopts a comprehensive approach to advocating for gender equality and eliminating gender-based violence in Nigeria.
STER seeks data collectors in the following states:
- Cross River,
- Ogun and
(c) Scope of work and expected outputs/deliverables:
Category 1: Data Collection
- Conduct research activities, under the general direction of the organization.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews and safeguarding of questionnaires.
- Data collection from research participants by scheduling interviews, providing questionnaires and tests, and (or) reviewing and extracting data from provided records.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and promptness of data collected.
- Provide ready access to all collected data by uploading the data to the relevant database and/or sharing scanned copies.
- Follow up with research participants by conducting phone calls and (or) face-to-face visits. Provide additional research information, resolve any data inaccuracies and collect samples as appropriate to study.
- Communicate research information and update to appropriate parties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Category 2: Desk Review
Conduct literature reviews, collect and analyze data and prepare materials under the direction of the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Category 3: Report Writing
1. Prepare and submit weekly progress reports on activities carried out.
Duration: Not to exceed 4 weeks.
1. Data collection from all MDAs and at least 2 Institutions under the SGBV Accountability Project. 2. Desk review on prevalence, prevention and response mechanisms within assigned State(s) .
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Previous experience in data collection.
A stipend of N50,000 would be paid upon completion of the data collection.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following: 1. Profile detailing their suitability for the work and relevant experience (max 2 pages). 2. A detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are invited to submit applications electronically via [email protected] with [email protected] and petertechherng.org in copy indicating with subject line CSV202202/Research Assistant for Interested State(s).
- Remote and On-site Interns Needed at Paymish for Digital Positions
- Apply: Women in Software Engineering (WiSE) Internship Program 2022
- International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Global Fellowship Program 2023 (Fully-funded to New York)
- MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups (up to $50,000)
- Water Desk Colorado River Basin Grants 2022 (up to $10,000)
- Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2023/2024 for Study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) Recruitment for Software Developers 2022
- European Union (EU) Prize for Women Innovators 2022 (€100,000 prize)
- Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2023 for Study in the UK (Fully Funded)
- We Create Change Program 2022 for Young Nigerians (Fully-funded)