About the job
In Mixed Reality, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Human-Computer Interaction, and more.
We’re a diverse team of talented Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and Artists putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Kinect for Azure, the Internet of Things, Phones, Tablets, Desktops, Xbox, and Surface Hub. We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Azure Mixed Reality Services team to design, develop and test the next generation of technology solutions for millions of people.
Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
- 2+ years of demonstrated expertise in C#, Java, C/C++ or equivalent programming languages and multi-threaded programming.
- Strong problem solving, analysis, collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience building software outside of the classroom environment like an internship, hackathon, research project or related experience
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance, and customer experience
- Demonstrated skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Top Tech Scholarships for Africans to Build High-income Tech Skills and Have Access to World Class Technologies
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) Program 2022 for young African Developers.
- ALX/Udacity tech scholarships for young Africans (Fully Funded) #SkillUpStandOut
- ALX Young Entrepreneurs Program 2022
- Paid Internships: 20 Top Companies and Organizations Currently Employing African Interns
- Microsoft 4Afrika Skillslab Program 2021 for young Nigerian Undergraduates & Fresh Graduates.
- Sales Intern Recruitment at Microsoft
- African Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Awards 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs in Africa