Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Social Media Manager Role
As the Social Media and Community Manager for our retail products, your primary focus is to engage, grow and delight our community and audience through social media marketing strategy and implementation. Simplified – we simply want you to create fun, engaging, exciting content that will be disseminated to our different audiences digitally. All content must take a creative spin on storytelling and be in line with the overall brand messaging and guidelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
You’ll be a great fit if you have the following skills:
- Ability to create engaging content
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Strong sense of brand voice
- Ability to think quickly
- Public Relations / Business Development skills
- Reputation Management skills
- Strong copywriting skills
- A sense of humour
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or similar field is a plus
- An understanding of conventions and purposes of specific marketing processes and methods
- An understanding of the conventions and ‘best practices’ of specific social media platforms
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask