Shivanga Sadhana limb of Shiva Registration 2022
The Shivanga Sadhana is about bringing into your awareness that you are a limb of Shiva, the very source of creation and the Ultimate Possibility. – Sadhguru
The Sadhana is an opportunity to bring forth devotion from within.
You can take up this Sadhana from the comfort of your home (online) or in-person. A trained Instructor will initiate you in to the Sadhana.
Benefits of doing Shivanga Sadhana
- Initiation into a powerful 42-day Sadhana
- Learn the sacred “Shiva Namaskar” yogic process
- Pilgrimage to the Velliangiri Mountains (optional)
- Provides a strong physical and psychological basis for inner exploration
Open to men, this sadhana begins on a Purnima (full moon day) and culminates on a Shivratri (day before the new moon), 42 days later.
Online initiation: Jan 17, 2022
Online culmination: Mar 01, 2022
Online culmination: Mar 01, 2022
Sadhana Guidelines For Men:
- This Sadhana is only for gents.
- The Rudraksha mala with the Dhyanalinga pendant should be worn around the neck during the sadhana period.
- The black cloth should be tied on the upper right arm. It can be rinsed in plain water while bathing.
- Vibhuti should be applied between the eyebrows, at the pit of the throat, behind the ears, on the solar plexus and just below the navel.
- Shiva Namaskar (a practice taught during initiation) should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be taken after 12 PM / noon.
- Soak 8-10 peppercorns along with 2-3 vilva leaves in honey, and a handful of groundnuts in water overnight. In the morning, on an empty stomach, chew the leaves. After completing the daily Shivanga sadhana, add lemon juice to the peppercorn-honey mixture and consume. Consume the soaked groundnuts also.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
- During the period of the Sadhana, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Instead of asking for Biksha (alms) as part of the sadhana, you can skip a meal and contribute to – Annadanam – the offering of food, to someone.
- Through a simple act of offering food, you can touch another life and enrich your own.
- Registration is mandatory to attend initiation
- Shivanga Sadhana kits are available only in a few countries and can be purchased from local centers. Please reach out to your local center at the contact listed below.Note: If the Shivanga Sadhana kit is not available in your region, you can still participate in the sadhana using the alternatives below.
Alternatives to the Shivanga Sadhana kit:
• Dhyanalinga photo
• Black cotton cloth – 3×18 inches or longer
- A trained Instructor will initiate the participants into the Sadhana on Purnima. You can also participate online.
- The Sadhana begins on Purnima (full moon day) and ends on Shivratri (day before the new moon), 42 days later.
- It is optional for the Shivangas to come to the Dhyanalinga in Coimbatore on Shivratri.
- Online Culmination is also facilitated for those who cannot do it at the Isha Yoga Center, Coimbatore