Applications are invited for Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2022. Here’s how to apply:
Deadline: July 31, 2022
Do you want to innovate for a brighter future? Do you want to solve real-world problems when it comes to education, environment, healthcare, and agriculture? Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition gives you the opportunity to make a difference to your society.
All it takes is an idea, the passion to follow through, and the desire to drive change. Come, bring your idea to life with support from Samsung and FITT, IIT-Delhi mentors. Present in 30 countries, Solve for Tomorrow is Samsung’s global CSR program that has challenged young innovators to dream, develop, and build real-world solutions to drive positive social change.
Thematic Areas for Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2022
Assemble your team and bring your idea forward to solve a problem within the thematic areas below:
Prizes for Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2022
- Top 50 will get Samsung vouchers up to 1 Lakh to study online courses.
- Top 10 will get Samsung hampers worth 1 Lakh.
- Top 3 will get Samsung products + Grants up to 1 Crore.
- The top 3 teams will receive long-term mentorship and support from Samsung and FIIT, IIT Delhi experts along with financial grants that will help in executing the winning ideas.
- 2022 Google Hustle Academy bootcamp for Businesses in Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa
- International Breweries Foundation Kickstart Entrepreneurship Program 2022 for Young Nigerians
- Alx Africa Online Data Analysis Scholarship for Africans | ALX Data Analyst Programme
- FITT, IIT Delhi will take care of your accommodation and travel expenses (guidelines will be mailed to teams after selection). For participants under the age of 18, FITT, IIT Delhi will provide accommodation for their parents. Parents are expected to manage their travel on their own.
- Applicants who are aged between 16 to 22 yrs on the last day of the competition can apply.
- For participants between 16-18 years, parental consent required.
- Individuals or teams of up to three people can apply for the challenge.
- The concept should be original in terms of science and technology, or it should be a wholly new product with a social or economic consequence. Without any innovation, new business models may not be considered.
- The team/individual should not have previously obtained funds/awards for the identical proposal from any agency or through other competitions for more than 5 lakhs.
How to Apply for Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2022
The program is divided in 4 phases:
- Phase 1: In phase 1, applications will be received on the website from all over India. These applications will be reviewed by experts, who will then select top 50 teams for the next round. The website portal allows teams to check the status of their applications.
- Phase 2: In the second phase, teams are mentored by industry and academic professionals during a three-day boot camp held at IIT Delhi. Teams are then requested to submit videos with regards to their idea. These videos will be evaluated by Samsung jury who will then select top 10 finalists.
- Phase 3: The 10 finalist teams will be provided with advanced training as an orientation towards business activities. The journey and origin of their idea may be captured. Mentoring for proof-of-concept development, business plan and soft skills required for entrepreneurs will be provided. Teams are then requested to finally pitch their idea in front of a jury panel. 3 winning teams will be announced in this stage.
- Phase 4: In this final phase, teams are awarded a grant to develop a prototype for customer validation. Incubation support will be offered by FITT, IIT Delhi for the prototyping phase.