Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to work and support leading Systems Integrators, Born-in-cloud-Solution Providers, Consulting & Service Delivery Partners, Distributors and other members of the AWS partner ecosystem in the Enterprise market segment. As a Partner Sales Manager (PSM) for Commercial Sales (CS) supporting the Nigerian & Kenyan markets, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on our strategy to lead with partners in customer engagements that drive customer business outcomes.
You will drive the AWS business opportunities with partners by teaming with the account management teams and their leadership in Nigeria & Kenya. This requires driving field relationships with partners, customers and the AWS sales team. You will be responsible for top line revenue growth and overall customer adoption across the target segments. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to engage at the CxO level and to easily interact with Partners, Customers and sales/field reps. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Your responsibilities will include establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner sales interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall AWS adoption via partners in Nigeria & Kenya.
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Have a holistic view of the Partner Community in the designated territory, a deep understanding of the partner capabilities and solutions that will delight customers.
- Advise customers and AWS commercial sales teams on the value of partners, engagement models, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
- Expand existing AWS footprint as well as drive new customer engagements with partners to grow overall revenue with a focus on business outcomes.
- Become a trusted member of the sales team to own deal execution with partners, leveraging Partner programs, and coaching Partners on best practices.
- Work closely with Partner Sales Solution Architects (PSSA) to ensure partners deliver quality results and work with Partner Development Managers (PDM) on engaging their partners in the local market.
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Establish a business cadence and create and execute operational rigor around initiatives and pipeline management with internal and external stakeholders.
About The Team
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience in engaging and influencing C-level executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in a customer and partner enterprise environment
- Strong sales and commercial acumen with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
- Experience of direct and Partner sales or business development within the Software / IaaS/ Cloud / SaaS markets
- Experience working with diverse and complex partner ecosystems including SI´s, Telcos and Distributors
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-function stakeholders including direct and channel marketing, product management, operations, account management teams, legal, finance etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 10 years of technology-related sales experience working with customer accounts and partners.
- Understanding of partners and channel ecosystems
- Prior experience working with or for channel partners
- Demonstrated experience exceeding quota and key performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Fluent English
Company – Amazon Web Services NigeriaLtd