Applications are now open for the Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme for Nigerian Youths 2022/2023. Here’s how to apply:
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme RYSA is organised by the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with support from the Federal Government with UNCDF, UNIDO and EU as funding partners.
The program is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income-earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy. The target youths demography are Nigerians youths who are of native origins from a rural community and are also in need of business start-ups and fundamental business skills.
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
1. The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carved out by Master Trainers designated across different communities Nationwide.
2. The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS Is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for twelve weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programmes. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
- 1. Introduction to Business
- 2. Customer Relations
- 3. Marketing
- 4. Book Keeping
- 5. Community Service and Volunteerism
- 6. Business Networking
- 7. Business Modelling
List of Skill-Sets/Enterprises/Ventures :
- 1. Aluminum Profiling
- 2. Catering and Confectioneries
- 3. Electrical Installations and Repairs
- 4. Fashion and Designs
- 5. Hair Dressing
- 6. Makeover
- 7. Plumbing
- 8. POP, Screed Making and Painting
- 9. Tiling
- 10. Welding and Fabrication
- 11. Woodwork and Furniture
- 12. Solar Works
- 13. Auto Mechanic
- Interested candidates must enroll and pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded Certificate and given support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
Benefits to RYSA Trainees:
1. Monthly Stipend
Beneficiaries of the program will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 in the course of their 6(six) months training with RYSA.
The Startup-packs for RYSA Nigeria program are;
- Work Tools
- Seed Grants
The Work Tools are equipments that will be given to beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start up their own enterprise. While the Seed Grant supports their ventures as new employers of manpower.
Eligibility Requirement for RYSA Nigeria
The criteria that must be met by applicants for selection are;
- Must be between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Must hail from a rural community accross the 36 states in Nigeria.
- Must have First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) or higher.
- Must have basic knowledge on any of the listed enterprises/ventures , and have shown interests in RYSA program.
- Be willing to learn new skills in the choosen area, which will help grow his/her personal venture after the training course.
- Remote User Interface Designer Needed at Thirteen Eleven Technology & Design
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble