Remote Entry Level Product Designer Needed at Mavis
About the job
Our client, a fast-growing sustainable e-commerce brand in the retail sector, is looking for a brilliant Mid, or Mid-Senior Product Designer to join their product team. This can be someone UI focused with an aim to learn more UX, or a true UI/UX hybrid.
You will be part of a group of excellent engineers and designers who are putting their incredible skills to work to make a difference in the world.
Working closely with our CPO/Designer co-founder, Product Manager and engineering team, the chosen candidate will be responsible for prototyping, testing and iterating their way to best-in-class solutions.
You’ll be comfortable working with engineers to deliver high-quality products and able to communicate your ideas clearly and execute them perfectly.
This role is perfect for a junior UI designer who wants to learn more UX, and ready to take a step up to the next level! Equally good for a strong mid to senior level person that the Head of Product can really lean on and give more responsibility across both UI and UX.
- 3+ years experience defining and designing digital products
- Experience working at a start-up or ecommerce brand
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing UX and some UI design
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with developers and marketers alike
- Hunger and drive to help a rapidly evolving company reach their potential, and for you to grow with it
- A strong focus on designing with the end customer in mind
- Expert skills with user interface packages (Sketch / Photoshop / Illustrator)
- You can source and analyse quantitative data and qualitative research
- You are able to work autonomously and lead teams remotely, facilitate decision making, trade-off discussions and risk
- You present your working with clear communication and documentation
- You know how to inspire teams and offer direction
- A passion for design, and the drive to keep up to date with emerging tools and technologies
- Able to craft seamless end-to-end solutions
- Proactive; you are a brilliant multitasker
- Enthusiasm and willingness to go the extra mile on each project
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge is a bonus
- Must have the right to work in the UK
At mavis, we want to increase access to forward-thinking, open-minded, progressive workplaces, for all talented individuals regardless of background. We care about equal opportunities and we encourage you to apply if you believe you could make valuable contributions to this position.
We look forward to receiving your CV and folio at [email protected].
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible for us to respond to every applicant, but we sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to help you find your dream role.