SmartAsset is a leading online destination for financial advice that powers SmartAdvisor, the largest marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors and financial products. Reaching more than 100 million people each month through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021, SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset is looking for a Writer/Editor to join our growing team and help us create high quality personal finance content. This position will consist of both writing and editing new articles, updating existing articles for accuracy and SEO best practices, managing update projects and conceiving and researching article and campaign pitches. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing skills; has a working knowledge of and passion for personal finance; has produced content for a digital audience with a focus on SEO; and has the ability to use data to make decisions.
- At least 1-3 years in digital writing and editing
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English or Media
- Ability to create well-written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Outstanding editing, grammar and writing skills
- Previous experience covering personal finance topics, preferably retirement, financial planning and investing
- Possesses strong research skills with an ability to take on new topics
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities with minimal oversight
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience working across multiple teams to reach a goal
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program