Remote WordPress Web Developer Needed at Student Beans
About the job
About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world’s leading student loyalty network and accredited ‘Great Place To Work’ . We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market. Featuring in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2020, a list of the fastest-growing private tech companies in Britain, Student Beans consistently innovate to offer new solutions that satisfy our consumers, drive ROI for our clients and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
About The Role
- Create bespoke & custom applications across our full web stack. Our roadmap consists of entire website redevelopment through to niche applications to boost user experience across our sites.
- Assist our Senior Web Developer across the full development lifecycle
- Collaborate across product, design and marketing team in order to contribute technical guidance and assistance on projects.
- Stay up to date on latest frameworks & technological trends with a keen eye on innovating and implementing new approaches to our stack
- Experience manipulating WordPress websites to improve user experience.
- Any exposure to UX through Photoshop or Figma is an added bonus, but in no way necessary to be successful in the role.
- Naturally self motivated individual who is excited by the concept of innovating and always trying something new.
Life at Student Beans
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Unlimited Holiday – We strongly believe in a healthy work life balance, and by not capping the number of paid time off days you take, we hope this will help promote a sustainable way to work while maintaining your health and well-being.
- Monthly Dev Day – to work on any projects you want or delve into any new frameworks or languages as part of your learning and development.
- Quarterly L&D budget for courses, books, conferences & more
- Accredited ‘Great Place To Work’ company in three categories – https://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/workplace/item/3545/Student+Beans
- Remote first working environment, meaning you are not obligated to come into the office, you can choose the environment you think you excel best in!
- Flexi-time, including Flexi Fri-yay which gives you an opportunity to finish at 1.30pm!
- Focus on welfare – gym membership, wellness challenges, Mental Health First Aider and health cash plan
- Incredible partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino’s, Uber … to name a few!
- Commitment to personal development and career growth – Learning budgets, coaching workshops and progression plans
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet 60% of the requirements, women and those in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when they tick every box. So if you think you have the skills, but don’t meet every single bullet point above, please still apply. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could still be a great fit.
For more information about starting a career with Student Beans, check out our career site below: