We are looking for a WordPress developer to join our “The Events Calendar” team. The engineer will be responsible for developing code that can withstand high profile sites and intense loads. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to architect and develop durable, extensible, and secure code. This role requires advanced to expert PHP, advanced to expert level in the frontend stack CSS and JS, impeccable WordPress experience; and solid MySQL, automated testing, and CLI skills.
This is a remote position with a flexible schedule.
As a WordPress Developer you would:
- Develop new software solutions and maintain existing applications
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and objectives
- Create, review, and update technical documentation
- Keep apprised of relevant new technology and best practices
- Write tests to validate code function
- Execute bug fixes
- Measure results of implemented solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting/triaging of issues and document them appropriately
- 5+ years Experience in the WordPress space
- Thorough knowledge of MySQL
- Basic knowledge of the product development life cycle
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Skilled at crafting modern PHP (ex: autoloading, dependency management, dependency injection, templating libraries, automated testing, OOP, and/or frameworks like Symfony or Laravel, etc.)
- Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with PostCSS or Sass and BEM) skills
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- A passion for improving software/systems
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision
- UK-Nigeria Tech Hub Future Females Business School 2022
- Remote Entry-Level Content Writer Needed at ActiveProspect
- Junior Web Developer Needed at AGPAYTECH LTD.
- Google Developer Expert Program for Under-represented People in Tech
- Social Media Manager Needed Garmspot Apparel
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with developing blocks for the Block Editor
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with JS application frameworks
- Experience with server technologies like Redis or Elasticsearch
- Experience building sites that are accessible (you’ve worked with WAI-ARIA and done WCAG 2.0+ AA/Section 508 work) and performant (working knowledge of best practices)
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options – Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains “at will”.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.