Are you looking for a short term role within user experience digital design? Are you looking for a role that will allow you to showcase your digital design skills, along with exposure to a range of complex projects which will help enhance your portfolio?
If so, you might be interested in our UX/UI Digital Designer role based within our Marketing Team.
Package: Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 23 holiday days (plus your birthday off), on-site parking, health care cash plan, and pet insurance discount.
Fixed Term Contract: 6 Months, to start ASAP.
We are flexible on the location of this role, it can be based remotely within the UK, hybrid or based within our Amesbury office, the choice is yours.
What you`ll get up to as a UX/UI Digital Designer
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Translating business and customer requirements into interaction flows and artefacts to develop creative solutions, applying both UX skills and design principles to create top quality digital designs
- Working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, in a culture of continuous improvement you will be constantly suggesting new ways of working and collaborating to drive digital experience design delivery.
- Translate the company’s brand values and implement these across digital platforms creatively while remaining consistent to the brand.
- Working very closely with business units, business analysts and developers to bridge the gap between business requirements creating great, consistent and lasting user experiences.
What We Look For In You
- Experience of working with mobile devices and responsive design
- Previous hands-on digital/graphic design experience
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- The ability to create rapid, iterative, low-fi and hi-fi prototypes.
- Strong knowledge of Figma with the ability to prototype within Figma, ready for user testing to take place.
- Qualitative research skills in user discovery and testing.
- A keen understanding of digital content led solutions within an editorial and commercial environment.
- Strong user experience skills to develop wireframes, user journeys and be able to inform content structure and IA.
- Evidence of creating dynamic, moving designs that bring our front-end web experiences to life.
What Animal Friends is all about!
Animal Friends has grown to become not only an award-winning business but one of the largest pet insurance providers in the UK, with over 450 colleagues helping us to look after over 1 million pets, offering cover for cats, dogs and horses.
A large part of our success is due to our company values which are the foundation of how we work, we are courageous by continually looking for new ways to innovate our customers experience and the pet insurance industry. We are kind-hearted with animal welfare being important to us, we donate and support over 300 charities across the UK and worldwide, to date, we have donated over £6.6 million. And we are passionate about the support we provide to our customers helping them care for their pets.
Benefits Of Working With Animal Friends
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- 23 days (pro rata) annual leave plus bank holidays and we give you your birthday off
- 95% of our employee’s own pets, we’re able to provide up to 50% off insurance along with free access to our Vet consultation app JOII
- We believe looking after employees’ health is important, so we offer discount on gym membership, access to a Wellbeing hub and a health care cash plan / private medical insurance
- We like to celebrate success and recognise excellent employee performance; we will donate £3k to the charity of our employee of the quarter’s choice
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a courageous, passionate and kind-hearted team
Animal Friends Pet Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
As an FCA regulated business, we require successful applicants to clear our pre-employment screening process which includes a credit check and references checks.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled rather than the advertised closing date. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note all our interviews are taking place via Teams or Zoom.
Mid Weight Product Designer | Web Designer | UX Designer | Digital Designer
Fixed Term Contract