Remote Part-time Content Writer Needed at Sounds of Our Time (Music Blog)
About the job
Sounds Of Our Time is a community of Music inclined folks focused on spotlighting timeless music across Africa. We’re hiring a writer to help us keep growing. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, SOOT is a perfect place to get ahead.
Responsibilities for Writer
- Carry out research on topics assigned to them.
- Fact-check any data collected during the research process.
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts.
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords.
- Create content in form of articles, blogs or papers based on the data collected from their research.
- Develop well-researched pitches and submit to an Editor for review.
- Read style guides or project briefs and use them to develop content for assignments.
- Convert the information they’ve acquired into readable, easy-to-understand content tailored to their specific audience.
- Revise their work based on editorial feedback.
Qualifications for Writer
- Must have English proficiency.
- Writing experience and familiarity with certain interests in the Music Industry.
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends.
- Proficiency with computers, especially project management software (Click Up), social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords, basic understanding of WordPress.