Curva Digital is an multi-disciplined agency for creativity and technology. We help our clients build and accelerate their digital business by creating leading digital products, services and campaigns that stir emotion, have personality, and drive results. We proudly work with local heroes and global brands.
We help with product design, campaigns, advertising, branding and more. We get up in the morning because we love what we do, making impactful digital products come to life while helping established brands and startups in emerging markets make a dent in the world. We believe work doesn’t always have to feel like work, work should be fun and we transform projects we work on into a passion rather than a task.
We are looking for a Junior Graphics Designer to join our design team. The individual will play a part in building the next phase of our design capabilities and will work closely with members of our multi-disciplinary team to find solutions to briefs. As the Junior Graphics Designer your role will include the following responsibilities:
- You will work closely with our Senior Designers to support our clients with creating unique marketing collaterals for both physical prints and for various online platforms.
- You will be required to design relevant design work across a variety of formats (paid and organic social, display advertising, email templates, landing pages, infographics, motion, and static)
- Extensively using industry software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Google slides, Google Docs and Canva
- Strategizing and figuring out the best way for design to achieve a desirable outcome
- Delivering design work on time and within a specified budget/timeframe
- Working collaboratively with creative colleagues; product designs and content writers.
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Serve as master of presentations – helping to build a growing business by designing pitch decks, finding decks, creds decks, and more with our client’s strategic teams.
You’ll demonstrate a strong sense of brand awareness and have a portfolio that exhibits an excellent understanding of digital design work. Confidence in delivering digital assets across multiple formats is an important skill to bring. A good knowledge base of Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign) would be useful as well as having some experience of working with Figma and/or Sketch.
You should have the following attributes:
- Software: Experience in, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and any additional design and UX tools.
- Strategic thinking: We don’t expect you to write strategic reports but what we do want to see is an early understanding or appreciation of “the bigger picture”.
- Articulate: Good communication skills are critical both when working with internal and client teams
- Passionate: We love people to have a real drive and passion for their specialism and we want to see this passion translate into great work.
- ‘Can do’ attitude: We work with some great clients but also to some tight deadlines – as an agency it is important we all pull together and have a good attitude to deliver great work.
- Willing to learn: You will be given the opportunity to learn a great deal from experienced people, so we want the individual to take this initiative and be prepared to learn as they progress.
- Attention to detail: To design artwork to a high standard of innovative and commercially comprehensive work while upholding various brand guidelines.
- A self-starter: Proactive, self-motivated, able to work alone as well as develop relationships working as an integral part of a team. You stay fully abreast of new online trends, technologies, and advances in digital and web design and identify opportunities to apply these.
- Design eyes: Have a good understanding of typography, colour theory, and proven application to brand guideline creation
Nice to have:
Motion Graphics: Experience in delivering digital assets across multiple formats including motion is of great value. As is any experience in utilising motion design and video.
What’s in it for you?:
- Flexible working: We’re happy to consider different working arrangements to fit your needs
- Opportunity for growth: We’re keen to give all our employees the opportunity to grow their role in a way that interests & excites them
- Support: You’ll have weekly 1-to-1 meetings with the Head of Design who’ll monitor your personal development, and help you learn the ropes
How to apply:
- If you wish to be considered for the position, please send your Portfolio, CV and personal statement to Curva: [email protected].
- Remote UI/UX Designer Intern Needed at Bukable
- Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Engineers 2022
- New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 (Paid position)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
One Comment on “Remote Junior Graphic Designer Needed at Curva”
I am a graphics designer and am interested in working with your company.