Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their ‘Why’s it like that?’ curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now we are looking for someone with a passion for punctuation, a love of language and a creative streak to join our Copy Team as a Junior Copywriter. It’s a great opportunity if you want to take that first step into the world of writing professionally.
Reporting to the Copy Manager, you’ll write original and engaging copy for use in our diverse portfolio of cruises and financial services products.
You’ll work closely with both our in-house creative team and marketing teams, to produce materials for both print and digital, including brochures, policy books, digital/print ads, emails and letters.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy that reflects Saga’s tone of voice.
- Research and write content, including product copy, articles and/or advertising to drive traffic across all areas of Marketing.
- Collaborate with our designers and digital team on creative briefs to generate excellent creative concepts and share ideas that work seamlessly across offline and online channels.
- Develop and amend copy in response to feedback.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment on several projects at once.
- Ability to work proactively and independently, and as part of a team.
- To be a positive, proactive member of the Copy team.
- Working in a manner that is in line with Saga’s company values at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent writing skills, with a meticulous eye for detail and an interest in research
- Good time management
- A positive, can-do approach to creative problem solving and collaboration
- Some experience within emerging media and copywriting.
- Secondary school, and/or vocational qualifications in English or writing-focused subject.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Remote working available where possible
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years’ service
- Workplace Pension
- AXA Be Supported
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About The Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK’s specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.