As a health writer, you’ll support the product and marketing teams; Your work will help improve the member experience, support member success, and also help with growth and acquisition.
Found is on a mission to create a content program that’s the best, most trusted source of accurate information about obesity and weight loss. We’re looking for a full-time health writer to join our team. As a health writer you will support the product and marketing teams—your work will help us improve our member experience, support member success, and also help with growth and acquisition.
The right candidate for this role is a thorough, collaborative journalist with a passion for wellness and health. We’re looking for someone who geeks out doing solid research and who has a knack for writing about complex concepts in ways that are clear and engaging.
The ideal journalist for this job understands that obesity is a complex, chronic disease, has empathy for people who live with obesity, and is committed to using inclusive language in their work.
What You’ll Do
- Write original articles and other long- and short-form content for digital platforms
- Contribute article ideas based on current news and trends in healthcare and data about Found member / user behavior
- Offer ideas about how to package your stories—from organization within the article to other media that can enhance your work, such as photos, video, audio, infographics, and other media
- Collaborate with other content creators, editors, and designers to tell strong, engaging stories
What You Have
- 3-5 years of experience writing about health or science for national consumer media
- Great clips that show you can write about health or science clearly and in an organized, engaging, and personable way
- Experience researching and writing for SEO / SEM using tools like aHREFS or SEMRush
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook and inclusive language style guides
- Comfort using tools like Google Docs, Slack, ClickUp, and Grammarly or Writer; it’s a plus if you have some basic knowledge of Figma
- Able to handle multiple assignments at the same time and meet deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, health communications, English, writing, content marketing, dietetics, human biology, or a related field
- A thorough understanding of how to find, use, and cite primary sources and an understanding of journalism ethics
- Familiarity with the current science around weight loss and obesity and where to find credible information
- An obsession for getting facts right and paying attention to details
- Ability to think about how to use other media elements to enhance stories, such as infographics, audio, interactive media, video, etc.
- Insatiable curiosity about health and wellness
- Passion for doing good service journalism, and compassion for people on a lifelong weight journey
- Comfort collaborating with other content creators, editors, designers, and professionals in other fields (tech, behavioral health, coaching, marketing)
- Unflappability—you know multiple edits and reviews only make your work stronger.
- Call for Application: The African Union / European Union Blogging Competition for Bloggers and Writers
- Remote Entry-level Freelance Writer Needed at Fingerprint for Success
- Remote Freelance Copywriter Needed at Italic
- Remote Entry-level Writer Needed at MakeUseOf
- Remote Content Writer/SEO Specialist Needed at Data2Bots
- Remote Data Entry Interns Needed at PeopleResume
- Remote Content Writer Needed at theInshort
- The International Open University is Looking for Remote Web Developers