Instalment solutions is an African financial engineering company. Our mission is to expand the financial possibilities for everyday Africans. We make this happen through innovatively designed credit, risk and wealth development products that actually make sense for Africans.
Financial products are the personal infrastructure of the modern world, and for far too long the options available to others across the world have been non-existent to us as Africans, and when available, they are often predatory, unaffordable and unworkable. We are determined to change this status quo.
Our first product is monthly.ng, a rental finance product that allows anyone to rent any property, anywhere in Lagos and pay monthly. No collateral, no guarantors, no harassment. Yet still super affordable. It embodies what we are all about; innovation, convenience and helping people live better faster.
Our technology engineering team consists of senior engineers from the biggest technology firms in the world. We’d love to meet you if you are an experienced engineer and proficient in the technologies we use. There’s so much to build and we can’t wait to welcome you to the team.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering team to build pragmatic, high quality and intuitive features and apps
- Write clean code, document existing code and refactor previously written code
- Document features, APIs, architecture and designs (RFCs) in a clear and concise way
- Communicate effectively and proactively with the team and external stakeholders (third-party APIs and integrations)
- Demonstrate the “you build it, you run it” mindset, own solutions end2end from design to deployment and support
- Debug, troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely fashion
- 3+ years experience as a Fullstack engineer, building, deploying and maintaining production apps and services
- Solid frontend experience working with React, Typescript, SASS
- Good backend experience working with PHP 8+, MySQL, AWS technologies
- Familiar with at least two of application monitoring, observability, web performance optimisation, web vitals or technical SEO
- Practical experience with software engineering concepts such REST, SOLID principles, Design Patterns, and 12 factor application methodology
- Experience with DevOps practices such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, containerisation
- Backend: PHP, Symfony 5, MySQL, AWS Cognito, S3, SNS, Lambda and Cloudwatch, REST, Deployed on AWS ECS
- Frontend: Typescript, React, v16, Bootstrap 5, NPM, Webpack, Deployed on Netlify
- DevOps: Github Actions, Terraform, Docker
- Monitoring: Newrelic, StatusCake
- Version Control: Git, Github
Life at Instalment Solutions
We believe people are more productive when they can choose their own schedule. So we’re proud to offer fully remote, full-time and part-time roles that give you the perfect balance between work and life.
- Enjoy a strong team culture. We’re a group of straight-to-the-point knowledge seekers, reflective thinkers, clear communicators, goal owners, problem solvers, and team players. These are the values we strive for to help us achieve our mission.
- Make your voice heard. We trust our team members to make the best decisions to achieve their goals, so you won’t have to put up with unnecessary micromanaging here.
- No pointless meetings. We practice what we preach regarding productivity so that you can expect flat hierarchies, fast iterations, and no-unproductive meetings.
- Work how you like. From home or from a co-working space near you (on us)
- Very competitive, top quadrant pro-rata pay
- Support on training and upskilling. Every day is an opportunity to strive to be world class
- Aya’s Web3 Fellowship for young Africans 2022
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
- Data Analyst Internship at Paypal
- Call for Applications: 2023 Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs (Win $3,000 Cash Prizes and Support)
- Remote Web Development Internship at Vicdigit Tech
- USADF Accelerate Program to Reward African-Owned Businesses with $250k
- MTN-SAS Data Science Training Program 2022
- Nokia Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students to Study in Finland