Who we are
Our mission is to digitize financial services.
We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services.
Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose.
Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer on the Core Infrastructure team, you’ll work with Product Managers and other engineering teams on the core integrations and the framework that enables us to onboard new financial institutions. You’ll have the chance to work across the stack, own your code, explore unsolved problems, and your contributions will impact millions of users by making their financial data accessible, secure, fast, and organised.
The successful candidate will:
- Work on a variety of technical problems ranging from designing blazing-fast APIs, to building microservices, through encryption methodologies, authorizations, reverse engineering, and database optimisations.
- Working within a bottoms-up team culture.
- Challenge technical problems with non-deterministic solutions, diving into loosely defined problems and figuring out a path forward.
- Prototype and develop new products.
- Have full end-to-end ownership of features, from ideation to production.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple product managers, data engineers and other platform teams to create a high business impact for Okra.
- Build reusable solutions that will leverage your impact across a broad product surface.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and strong experience with preact/react.
- Web Scraping Experience (Puppeteer, Selenium or Playwright).
- Deep understanding of networking and web sockets.
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL systems.
- Strong system-design skills, including distributed systems and data schema design.
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed.
- Nice to have: Experience architecting and building product platforms.