The following interns are needed for a paid role at Pakam NG:
- UX/UI Designer Intern
- Remote Full-stack Engineer Intern
- Remote Digital Marketer Intern
- Software Tester Intern
UX/UI Designer Intern
- The UX, UI, and visual design of the website by balancing the needs of our users, our design aesthetic, and the objectives of the business
- Collaborating with the Marketing/Tech teams to assess product requirements and translate them into compelling designs that optimize the user experience
- Building rapid high fidelity prototypes, landing pages, and marketing assets
- Creating iterative designs that meet project objectives and incorporate feedback, analytics, and user testing
- Confidently presenting design ideas and recommendations to the team
- Keeping abreast of current design tools, techniques, and technologies
- Related experience in Design (graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, etc)
- 1+ years of experience in visual, eCommerce, brand, or marketing design
- A portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile and desktop
- Fluent in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited resources by being self-motivated and working independently to deliver projects on time
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Attention to detail
Remote Full-stack Engineer Intern
- Research and test new technologies
- Collaborating with others to build and develop a quality
- Monitoring and Oversee company’s data
- Managing users and user roles
- Detecting, announcing, and correcting errors
- Proposing new solutions
- Developing Back-end and Front on Node and React Native components and support new API’s
- Design, development and testing of new product features
- Collaborate with and review PRs of other team members
- Improve the reliability and robustness of our application
- Work on scalability and performance improvements
- Work together with the sales and support teams on requirements and issue
- Fluency in libraries such as Flask, SQLAlchemy, Click, requests, async, logging
- Solid knowledge of different tools such as Postgres, Redis, GCS, Alembic, mypy, pip, Sentry, Icepeak
- Applying Agile Design and DevOps principles
- 1+ years of experience with Node.js and React Native
- Strongly experienced with Distributed systems and micro-services
- Solid experience in databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB.
- Meaningful, real-world experience with any other of the following: React, Vue or similar
- Experience with messaging queues such as RabbitMQ
- A drive to overcome challenges and solve problems with a creative twist
- Having working experience with Git, and digital ocean
Remote Digital Marketer Intern
- Be creative and actively think outside the box.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks; effectively communicate and build community through engaging content
- Manage social media accounts and schedule posts – employing tagging and use of visuals to increase presence and illustrate brand story
- Work collaboratively alongside the team to create a plan for monthly social media and stakeholder outreach strategies; assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, newsletters, and more.
- Optimize website and social media presence; provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
- Must demonstrate strong cross-cultural competencies; respects and embraces diverse perspectives, identities, and cultural values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of social media tactics and community building
- Strong time management, planning, and execution skills
- Proficient with Google Platform applications (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadline schedules independently & collaboratively
- Innovative & resourceful
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- 1+ years of experience in Canva
Software Tester Intern
- Assist in the development of end to end automated regression and performance test scripts
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the components and systems developed
- Test for a range of projects from and enhancements to strategic initiatives
- Develop, maintain and execute test cases, ensuring the quality and stability of the system throughout the project
- Generate testing completion metrics and analysis, as well as status read-outs to upper management
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, traceability matrices, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with software / system specifications.
- Create, maintain and modify test plans for new and existing software applications/releases that ensure comprehensive testing according to the software specifications.
- Anticipate potential software problems by creating test scenarios.
- Identify and analyze defects / test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Coordinate the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the Business Owners and their UAT-responsible personnel.
- Ensure satisfactory service with customers at all levels (Business Analyst, Developers, Project Managers, and Business Owners).
- 1+ years Experience in software testing.
- Knowledge of OOP, Data Structures, and Algorithms
- Ability to code in a functional or object-oriented programming language
- Driven to innovate
- Passionate about technology
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience with UI testing automation, specifically with Cypress is a plus
- Application of software development life cycle concepts
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of the React framework
- Knowledge of Selenium Web Driver
- Knowledge of API testing (REST / SOAP)
- Knowledge of relational database principles (SQL / MySQL / MongoDB / SOQL).
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- World Bank Group Africa Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Apply: Google Career Certificates 2022(Scholarship Available)
- ECOWAS Internship Immersion Program 2022 for young African Graduates.
- Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2022
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Scholar Fellowship Program 2023