Do you have a talent for finding news stories inside complex data sets?
Do you have impeccable news judgment, and are always asking “what’s the best way to tell this story”?
Are you passionate about providing data visualization content that will be shared all around the world?
If so, you could be an exceptional Data Journalist Specialist.
TOP Global is seeking an entry-level Data Journalist Specialist who will learn to pitch, edit and report data-driven stories. A successful candidate will be able to dive deep into industry trends, financial reports, and economic data and weave information together to create a compelling narrative. In this role, you will be creating data reports that will be added to our news sites, TOP Data and National Today. Both are primary data sources for hundreds of leading media outlets around the world including CNN, Forbes, Business Insider, and Politico.
- Brainstorm ideas for data-based reports
- Research sources for data to and conduct the necessary data analysis to support data reports
- Help build and maintain our databases and systems
- Collaborate with designers to create breaking news graphics
- Use proprietary systems to send targeted media pitches
- Prepare media monitoring reports for our pitching efforts
- Support overall team efforts to create data reports and secure client media coverage
- 2+ years of data analysis, marketing, or PR experience
- Desire to push storytelling forward and the ability to think creatively about how we use data in the service of journalism.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills, including management of projectsDetail-oriented and self-motivated in a remote work capacity
- Desire to be part of a high performing team and pitch in to help other team members when needed