We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides and marketing copy. Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication.
If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application. Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
Expectations in the first week
- Understand the various practices and processes followed in the team.
- Familiarize yourself with the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Build a multiple articles to showcase clients products and businesses.
- Edit and remove mistakes from other articles when required.
Expectations in the first six months
- Take feedback and improve the articles for future upgrades.
- Lead unique initiatives for company products.
Experience & Skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
- Experience working remotely and coordinating tech initiatives with different teams to deliver content.
- Worked at any stage startup or have developed content of their own ideas.
- Strong knowledge of content creation approaches, principles, and flows
- Experience working on tech related products
- Understanding of writing best principles and aesthetics
- A positive mindset and continuous-learning attitude
- Stay updated with new updates, technologies, and news
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate strategy
- Good interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to write clean, grammar friendly, easy to understand articles.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary between $1000 to $1250 per month,
- Paid Leaves
- Flexible Working Hours
- Bonus and incentives
- 40 hours a week
- 22 annual leaves, paid time off
- Tax payment (maximum 10% of salary)
- Some benefits if you’ll work as a full-time regular employee
- Special events, occasions celebrations, and gifts
- Application Fee Waiver Codes for Universities in USA for Fall Intake 2022
- Graphics Design Interns Needed at Inshot
- Remote Full-time Copywriter Needed at Dandy
- Remote Frontend Engineer Needed at The Bulb Africa
- Remote and On-site Interns Needed at Paymish for Digital Positions
- Remote Content Writer Needed at SearchEye
- Remote Back-end Developer Developer Needed at GoodTalent Co.
- Remote Data Scientist Needed at Okra Ng
WANT MORE? JOIN OUR CHANNEL