The content writer is an integral part of the team and supports content marketing for the agency’s clients. She will work directly with the agency’s content strategists and designers to brainstorm, research, and execute high-quality digital content (primarily blog posts and long-form infographics).
Our clients are B2B SaaS startups, tech for good companies, and nonprofits/charities. We have a strong presence in the US market and we’re steadily growing our footprint in the UK/EU.
- 🆓 Full-Time: You’ll be the lead writer working across multiple accounts—this role demands your full attention.
- (NB: That said, we generally don’t care if you freelance on the side because we’re not your Mom—as long as you get your work done, of course!)
- 👨🏾💻 Remote: Work how and where you want.
- 💰 Compensation: £35K/year.
- 🕑 Flexible: 4-Day work week. (Summer Fridays — all year round.)
- 👨🏾🏫 Learning: Access to upskilling resources in digital marketing & beyond.
- 😎 Dope team: Work with a cool, smart, funny, truly diverse (like, for real) team.
The Content Writer is an integral part of the team, supporting the content marketing we do for our agency clients. You’ll work directly with the agency’s content strategists and designers to brainstorm, research, and execute high-quality digital content (mainly long-form blog posts and infographics).
You’ll gain lots of real world experience learning and writing for a range of different client industries, including consumer-facing tech start-ups, educational non-profits, B2B software brands, media companies, tech for good, etc.
A Day in the Life (aka “Duties”)
As a Content Writer, here’s what your work will look like:
- With both clients and for LH internally, you will:
- Perform in-depth research before putting figurative pen to paper (combining online sources, client reports, case studies, etc.)
- Create high-quality, user-friendly digital content for a specific audience
- Ensure consistency in style, tone of voice, editorial guidelines, etc.
- Optimise articles for SEO (primary and secondary keywords provided)
- Provide clear and descriptive design direction to designers to ensure custom graphics enrich and support copy
- Submit work to clients for approval by deadline
- Proofread and edit content before publication
- Stay on top of content operations within project management software (e.g. Asana) and communication platform (e.g. Slack)
- You’re highly-responsive on email, Slack, Asana, Google Drive, etc. (but you also set clear work-hour boundaries, stick to them, and communicate with the team).
- Your organisation skills are exceptional. You can keep track of deadlines, and you can move the final deliverable along through numerous stakeholder gates.
- You have significant “range” when it comes to content subject matter (i.e. you can pivot from writing about US K-12 education-focused content for nonprofits to deep tech B2B SaaS content).
- You know what great content looks like and how to write it, across all domains.
- You’re highly communicative (with teammates, clients, etc.).
- You’re an amazing researcher (i.e. you Google like a boss) and know how to wade through the junk to find relevant and timely info from only the best sources.
- You are creative, personable, have a knack for storytelling, and you take initiative throughout the writing process (ask questions, then act).
- You want to build cool new stuff (like a new agency perhaps).
- Drop your application here.
- No emails or DMs, please.