Content Creator – Copywriting & Social Media (Remote)
Our Client is a Technology company looking for a Content Creator who is an effective communicator, infinitely curious about people and motivated to help tell their story in many unique and interesting ways. Working together with our visual communications designer and other members of the marketing team, this role will be critical in the quality and effectiveness of all content shared on the blog/website, social media channels, email newsletters, and wherever else our content ends up!
This multifaceted role is tasked with advancing marketing goals through clever and captivating promotional content. The ideal candidate is a pop culture junkie that can produce content that resonates.
# What you’ll do
– Work with the marketing department to get an understanding of the short term and long term marketing targets and then develop content strategies accordingly to align with business goals
– Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content periodically (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news)
– Create content that will create maximum customer interest, increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
– Maintain consistency in content and ensure alignment with the brand history and plans
– Update the website, social media, and content pages periodically
– Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and the rest of the team to deliver on product and marketing initiatives.
– Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results.
# Who we’re looking for
– A Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, literature, marketing or other related fields
– Experience as a content creator in prior roles creating strong and engaging content
– Understanding of SEO best practices
– Exceptional knowledge of SEO and keyword research
– Exceptional knowledge of Social Media Marketing
– Good knowledge of email marketing
– Prior job experience in web traffic metrics, HTML and web publishing
– Proficiency with content management systems and analytics software
– Excellent writing, proofreading and communication skills
– Excellent project management skills.
– Detail-oriented work style, with good time management and organizational skills
– Knowledge of various analytics platforms
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
# Nice to Haves
– You’ve helped structure and operationalise the content creation function at a startup and care a lot about shaping (and working in) a high-impact, collaborative organization.
– Experience working remotely
– Experience in the financial industry is a benefit, however, this is not a requirement. We are happy to help candidates upskill in that area.
– Deep understanding of technology
– Flexible and focused on solutions
– Organized and self-sufficient
– Used to working in a cross-functional team (designers, marketing, customer success and engineers)
– An open mindset, as the company is growing you will need to be flexible and willing to go above and beyond
– Health insurance
– Generous PTO
– Pension plan
– Work Tool
– Bring your dog to work 🐶 – you work remotely anyway, we won’t stop you.