TeamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Job Type: Full time
What You’ll Get To Do
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with:
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- BSc / BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
What We Can Offer You
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
One Comment on “Remote Backend Engineer Needed at TeamApt”
Amaddin Iyobosa Paul