About the job
As a Backend Developer, you will manage data interchange between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be developing all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Taking ownership
- Solution-oriented and performance-driven
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Result-oriented and innovative
- Strategic thinker
- Creative, open to new ideas
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Seamless data collection, storage and synchronization between all products.
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience building products with Laravel.
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience building products with PHP.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Setup and administration of backups.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
- Remote Data Scientist Needed at Okra Ng
- Remote Full Stack Engineer Needed at Okra
- Remote Web Manager Needed at Wikimedia Foundation
- Remote Copywriter Needed at RebelMouse
- Remote Trainee Back End Developer Intern Needed at Flexisaf