Applications are invited for the Punocracy Prize for Young Writers in Nigeria 2022. Here’s ho to apply:
Deadline: October 16, 2022
Applications are open for the Punocracy Prize for Satire 2022. Punocracy is a community of young writers of satire in Nigeria that was launched in March 2018 to encourage free speech, promote critical thinking, and spread political consciousness.
Their objective is to make satire a widely accepted and understood tool of socio-political commentary in the country and to kindle the fire of interest in the genre. In short, they are on a mission to improve satirical literacy and create a safe space for writers and lovers of satire.
In further advancing these goals, they are seeking entries for the third edition of the Prize for Satire. They believe other forms of writing, from poetry to non-fiction, have received significant attention, and it is high time they equally spotlighted the significance of satirising in opinion-shaping and nation-building. There is hardly a better way to do this than through a healthy rivalry.
- Grand prize: N50,000 and certificate.
- Consolation runner-up prizes: Books and certificates.
- Applicants should be Nigerians;
- Be aged between 15 and 30 years as of November 2022.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
Also, the entry must:
- Be written in English and saved in a .doc format.
- Be anything between 300 and 1500 words.
- Not be plagiarised in part or in whole.
- Not be jointly authored or created.
- Not have been previously published.
- Most importantly, be satirical.
Judges are looking for great works of satire, and by definition, this includes articles that creatively deploy wit, irony, sarcasm, and/or ridicule in criticising faults. Entries may take the shape of prose, drama, news, poetry, a speech, a bill, a letter, a manual, a prophecy, an essay, an advert, or even quasi-scriptural passages. Whatever works for you really. There are also no restrictions on topics. They, however, encourage that the selected topic is approached in a way that will make the work relevant for an extended period.
The deadline for application is 11:59 pm (GMT+1), Sunday, October 16, 2022.
- EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme on sustainable energy
- SAP Young Professionals Program 2022/2023 for young African graduates.
- World Bank Group Africa Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- 15 Scholarships for International Students to Study in the UK
- Call for Applications: Senator Mukhail Adetokunbo Loan for MSMEs in Lagos (N100,000 – N1M)
- Apply for the ONE Africa Award 2022 for SDGs ($100,000 prize)
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Scholar Fellowship Program 2023