PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2022 for youth Media Makers (all expenses paid to PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony
Application Deadline: 10 June 2022 at midnight EST
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that invites the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the themes of migration, diversity and social inclusion. By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival (hereinafter referred to as “PLURAL+”) is open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
Entrants to PLURAL+ must be 25 years old or less at the time of the production of their videos.
PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
Benefits of the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2022
- Award winners are invited to the place where the PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony is held all expenses paid, attended every year by a diverse, global audience (United Nations employees, media professionals, representatives of civil society organizations, academics, etc.).
- PLURAL+ winning videos gain international exposure and PLURAL+ winners get the opportunity to connect and network with a multitude of professionals, peers, and organizations and to explore opportunities for further distribution and dissemination of their work.
PLURAL+ video entries must be:
- Between one and five minutes in length, including title(s) and opening/closing credits (the PLURAL+ team will automatically disqualify any submission falling outside of this time restraint)
- In English or include English subtitles
- Produced after 31 December 2018.
In addition, PLURAL+ video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about the PLURAL+ themes – migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
If selected, entrants must be prepared to submit a digital copy of their video in either of the following formats: MOV (preferred), MP4, AVI, QT, MKV, or FLV. HD is preferred (1920×1080), but not required.
PLURAL+ video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about those pressing social issues in constructive ways
For More Information: