The application for the 7th cohort of the Orange Corners Nigeria Incubation Programme is now open!
About Orange Corner
Our ambition is to develop and strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Nigeria. This ecosystem should enable youth to develop their business concept and become successful entrepreneurs, by providing them with the necessary opportunities, skills and access to markets.
Through Orange Corners we provide young entrepreneurs with a 6-month incubation progamme. At the same time, Orange Corners serves as a bridge between these innovative entrepreneurs and the private sector. This offers a great benefit to all partners involved. Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with a local service provider.
There is a variety of benefits this 6-month incubation programme will offer you of which the most important ones are:
- Enterprise Management Training
- Business Incubation & Advisory Services
- Funding for prototype development & testing
- Access to local and international markets
- Access to industry experts and peer learning opportunities
- One on one coaching
- Funding of up to 40,000 Euros
- Enterprise Development knowledge and capacity building
The 50 semi-finalists will be invited to participate in a compulsory two-day-long bootcamp in which a jury decides who are best placed to join the incubation programme.
Selection will be conducted according to the performance during the bootcamp. At the end of the bootcamp, 20 young entrepreneurs will be selected to participate for six months.
What are the selection criteria?
In order to meet the selection criteria you must be:
- Be an aspiring entrepreneurs from Lagos, Nigeria
- Be between 18-35 years old
- Have a validated innovative business concept, not more than <2 years old
- The product or service responds to a local challenge in Nigeria
- The product or service relates to the Sustainable Development Goals
Budding entrepreneurs will be selected based on the:
- Social Impact
- Clarity of Market
- Sustainability & Scalability of the business idea
- Competence of the entrepreneur/team
Application closes October 10, 2022.
Click here to apply.
- Call for Innovative Ideas: Lagos State Science Research and Innovation Council (N5,000,000 in funding)
- 2022 Africa Fellowship For Young Energy Leaders (Cohort 2)
- International News Media Association/Google News Initiative Elevate Scholarships 2022
- Solvit Africa All-Female Programming Bootcamp 2022 for female coding professionals
- Tarbell Fellowship 2023 for Early-career Journalists (up to $50,000)
- West African Research Center Travel Grant 2022 (up to $3,000)