Nigerian English Language Assistants to teach in France Application 2022
Are you a Nigerian French-speaking student?
Do you want to improve your level of French and your knowledge of France?
Make friends ? Share your culture and your language with young French people?
Would you like to participate in the life of a school?
Become a language assistant in France!
This program allows you to familiarize yourself with the language and culture of France while bringing the authenticity of your language and the richness of your culture to schools.
This international mobility thus offers you a possibility of training and a beginning of professionalization, thus bringing an undeniable added value to your career.
From now until the 25th of February we are accepting applications for the position of English language assistant to work in France during the 2022-2023 school year.
Who is Eligible?
1. Candidates must be NIGERIAN citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
2. Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions.
3. Candidates must have completed their secondary education in NIGERIA.
4. Candidates must be enrolled at any NIGERIAN university at the time of application.
5. Candidates must have completed at least two years of university studies.
6. A minimum Level B1 in French is required.
7. Candidates must be native English speakers.
8. Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
Language assistants in France are assigned to schools (primary or secondary).
The role of the assistant is to improve the students’ communication skills, especially orally, and to deepen their knowledge of a different civilization and culture.
It generally intervenes in support of the work carried out by the modern language teachers of the school and/or the educational establishment. He can intervene with the whole class in the presence of the teacher or take small groups of students apart.
The specificities of the assistant allow him to encourage students to express themselves orally, to bring a playful dimension to learning and to discuss socio-cultural themes likely to
It can provide one or more of the following functions:
- practice of oral language with the students alongside the teacher;
- participation in the implementation of educational projects;
- organization of a language club;
- contribution to authentic recordings intended to enrich the audiovisual collections of schools and/or establishments;
- participation in the implementation of an exchange project.
How to Apply
The registration is online :
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview (physical or online) in one of the following locations depending on the city closest to your place of residence: Abuja (Institut français du Nigeria) and Alliances Françaises in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Enugu Kaduna, Owerri, Ilorin, Kano, Jos or Maiduguri.
➡️ For more information, click the link below: