Application is now open for Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) 2022. The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) is a response to the urgent need to provide technical and Financial support to youth-led organizations in Nigeria in order to sustain their work locally and facilitate opportunities for learning.
Grant Categories for Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) 2022
Applications for the 1st cohort of the Young Leaders Development Fund is now open for the following categories of grants:
- Small Grant: $500- $1000 – Targeted at individuals
- Action Grant: $1000- $3000 -Grassroot & Community based organizations
- Development Grant: $3000-$6000 -Youth-led & Youth Focused Organizations
- Catalytic Grant: $ 40,000 -Civic and Innovation Hubs
Women and People Living with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligibility for Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) 2022
You are eligible to apply if you are a young change-maker (aged 15-35) with proven track record, working on a sustainable that directly addresses any of the following:
- Employment & Education
- Health Care
- ICT & Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change & Environment
- Media, Sports & Entertainment
- Civic Participation
- Peace Building & Security
Deadline For Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) 2022
The application portal opens May 18 and closes June 8, 2022.
Application Process For Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) 2022
For more information visit the official webpage of Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) 2022
Who We Are (Nigeria Youth Futures Fund)
More than 70 percent of Nigeria’s population is made up of young people, with estimations of continuous growth in the next few decades. Given this significant number, it is evident that the future growth of Nigeria is linked to having an educated, skilled, healthy, and politically active youthful population that is involved in the development of long-term policy strategies.
The participation of Nigerian youth in leadership and politics has evolved overtime. Coming from a legacy of active student unionism (1980s), where universities served as spaces for intellectual debates and youth expression, to a period of youth organizing aided by new media (2010-present), the Nigerian youth ecosystem has experienced a reawakening of some sorts.
- 2022 Queen Elizabeth Prize for Innovation in Engineering ( £500,000 Prize )
- MTN Destined for Greatness Learnership Program
- The Google for Startups Funds for Early-stage African Startups ($4 million in funding)
- TESLA Internship in Abroad 2022 | Fully Funded
- United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Job Recruitment 2022
- African ChangeMakers Fellowship Program 2022 (Cohort 6)