Applications are now open for the Nest Artist Residency Program 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Deadline: October 24, 2022
Applications for the Nest Artist Residency 2023 are now open. The Nest Artist Residency is a structured 8-month programme (November 2022 – June 2023), that seeks to deepen the relationship between local new generation artists and the broader artistic community.
The goal of this residency is rooted in process, with a focus on risk taking, mistake-making, embracing failure as a step toward greatness, and exploring new ways of artistic expression that starts by asking ‘what do you need?’
This is an opportunity for directors, playwrights, poets, musicians, designers, divisors, and creators of all kinds looking for the necessary space and mentorship to cultivate ideas into works that are provocative, innovative, and ambitious.
Residency in the Nest involves a public presentation at In the Soil Arts Festival 2023 to showcase the work-in-progress that each resident creates over an 8 month period. They encourage individuals, duos and collectives to apply to the residency. If you have an idea, they want to hear from you!
Benefits of the Nest Artist Residency Program 2023
- Professional development opportunities through one-on-one mentorship, arts-based workshops, monthly writing sessions and attendance at The Forum; a discussion series to inspire meaningful exchanges and harmonious debate.
- FREE use of The Green (Suitcase in Point’s studio space), to engage in a self-directed creation process of your choosing.
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and other artists in the Nest.
- Technical expertise, production, marketing and administrative support from SIP staff, in service of your artistic project.
- Opportunity to share your work at In the Soil Arts Festival, presented by Suitcase in Point.
Eligibility for the Nest Artist Residency Program 2023
- Applicants must self-identify as an emerging artist aged 21+.
- Applicants must reside in the Niagara Region, unless they have accessible transportation (ie. A car or private jet) to the region.
- Applicants must be individual artists or collaborative duos/teams/small ensembles under the leadership of a single applicant.
- Only one application per artist or collective.
- Applicants may not apply as an individual AND be part of a simultaneous collective application.
- Applications may not apply as part of multiple collectives.
For the application form, applicants must have a Google account to be able to upload files to the form. If you do not have or are unable to create a Google account, email [email protected] for an alternative method to share files with the organisers.
All applications must be received no later than the deadline of 11:59pm on Monday, October 24, 2022 to be eligible for consideration.
- Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Program 2022 (Fully-funded)
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022
- FAO Africa 2022 Internship Program for Young Africans
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program 2023
- United States Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2024): Live and Work in the United States of America.
- French Government Excellence Scholarship Program 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. Study in France (Funded)
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)