Covid-19 Botswana MYSC Financial Relief Fund Programme Arts & Culture Sector (Application Forms)
The Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development invites artists. promoters, artist’s representatives, representatives of arts associations and all other qualifying stakeholders to apply for the COVID -19 Financial Relief Programme.
The Relief Fund for the art and Culture Sector will provide relief allowances for arts and culture practitioners and wage subsidy for arts and culture practitioners in organisations, groups, agencies and trust.
The payments will be a P2 500.00 wage subsidy for full time employees of organisations. relief allowance for artists registered with Copyright Society of Botswana (COSBOTS) and arts organisations over a period of three (3) months (April, May, June 2020). While those registered for the 2020 President’s Day Competitions receive a PI 000.00 once off relief allowance.
MYSC Financial Relief Fund Eligibility Criteria
• Artists whose primary occupation is the arts (Individuals or Groups).This includes visual and performing arts categories (traditional song and dance, drama. curation, fashion, exhibitions,promoters. managers, literary works/heritage, music, dance, theatre and others)
• Registered arts organisations such as Associations, Agencies and Trusts which are in compliance with appropriate legislation;
• Applicants must be Botswana citizens who are 18 years and above
• Applicants to effectively demonstrate a direct impact from the outbreak of the COVID -19, for example loss of income — wages, ticket sales, cancellations or loss of client base
• Applicants must have registered for the 2020 President’s Day Competitions (PDC) or be a registered active member of COSBOTS
• Applicants should not have benefited from Government COVID -19 Wage Subsidy Scheme.
• Full time employees of registered arts organisations such as Associations, Agencies and Trusts which are in compliance with appropriate legislation.
MYSC Financial Relief Fund Applications
• Application forms can be obtained from all MYSC offices countrywide
• Groups, Bands and Artists to apply for their members / backup artists
• Registered organisations will apply for their full time employees (administration)
To fill the application form,please click on the apply link below
• Applications will be submitted online or hand delivered to MYSC District Offices;
•The Opening date for applications is 22nd May 2020 and the closing date for receipt of applications is 4th June 2020 at 16:30hrs.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
For more information please contact our Toll Free Number: 0800 600 883 or MYSC WhatsApp Number: +267 76 861 090