Applications are now open for the MTN/MUSON Scholarship Program for Young Nigerians. Here’s how to apply:
Scholarship provider: MTNF/MUSON
Degree Category: Diploma
Eligible Country: Nigerians
Application Closing Date: August 21, 2022
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces entrance examinations for the Fifteenth (16th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education.
The examinations will take place from September 6th – September 8th, 2021 and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty or jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
Our goal is to produce a well-rounded, thoroughly educated musicians who would qualify for direct entry as transfer students into a university to fulfill the remaining requirements for an undergraduate music degree. We strive to produce graduates comparable to those found in a Conservatoire and we have patterned our syllabus on those standards.
The Entrance Examinations: 6th — 12th September 2022 and win take the form of:
– A written Examination in Music Theory at appropriately Grade 5 standard and general music knowledge
– An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least
Grade 5 standard.
- Full Scholarship
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language, or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language
- The 5 credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
How to Apply for the 2022/2023 MTNF/MUSON Music Scholars Program
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.
- Remote and On-site Interns Needed at Paymish for Digital Positions
- Mandela Washington Fellowship 2023
- Apply: Women in Software Engineering (WiSE) Internship Program 2022
- International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Global Fellowship Program 2023 (Fully-funded to New York)
- MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups (up to $50,000)
- Water Desk Colorado River Basin Grants 2022 (up to $10,000)
- Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2023/2024 for Study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) Recruitment for Software Developers 2022
- European Union (EU) Prize for Women Innovators 2022 (€100,000 prize)
- Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2023 for Study in the UK (Fully Funded)
- We Create Change Program 2022 for Young Nigerians (Fully-funded)
WANT MORE? JOIN OUR CHANNEL