Applications are now open for the MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Applications for the MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development 2023 are now open. The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development in Africa was successfully launched in 2017, bringing to realisation their vision of developing young leaders who have a continent-wide development mindset and leaders who can facilitate greater cooperation between African countries.
The Scholarship Programme enables African students to study in an African country other than their home country and in this way immerse themselves in richness and diversity that the country and its communities has to offer.
By broadening access to education, they see the expansion of openness to ideas and the creation of a network of like-minded leaders who will help promote the performance and tangible progress of our continent. There is no doubt that a more integrated African economy of global scale will accelerate growth, generate positive outcomes and benefit all its communities.
MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development 2023
The Scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend.
Eligibility for MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development 2023
MINDS Scholarships are awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete online application form with the required supporting documentation.
List of Preferred Institutions
To be eligible to receive a MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Applicants must have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
- Polaris Bank Digital Skill Acquisition Program – DIGICORPER 2023 for Nigerian NYSC Corps Members (Fully-funded)
- Call for Applications: Google Career Certificate Scholarship Program 2023
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2024 (Masters & Ph.D.) Scholarships for study in the United States (Fully Funded)
- Standard Bank Cloud Computing Internship Programme 2023 for Young Africans (R10000 per month)
- Contract Copywriter Needed at Prospa
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Tech Learning Pathway)
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Career Readiness Pathway)
- Call for Applications: Shell ASSESSED Internship Program 2023 for Young Africans
- Prospa is Hiring Graduate Trainees
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services