The International Affairs Institute (IAI) and the Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP) welcome female undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students, as well as recent graduates, to apply to the Mentorship Programme for Young Women in Non-Proliferation and Disarmament 2022.
The mentorship program, which will run from September 15, 2022 to May 15, 2023, aims to engage and educate young women about nonproliferation, arms control, and disarmament.
Program Specifications Mentorship Program for Young Women
The initiative will match successful applicants with well-known professionals to build a mentoring relationship that will include frequent videoconference sessions and other kinds of communication between mentees and mentors. Participants will also be expected to attend certain conferences, such as the EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Consortium (EUNPDC) Annual Conference, which will be held in Brussels on November 14-15, 2022. Seminars, workshops, and other activities will also provide networking and career and skill development opportunities.
Participants are expected to complete a deliverable at the end of the program. The form of the deliverable will be negotiated upon individually with the organizers and could be a paper, a presentation, a video, a blog post, or something similar.
Mentorship Program for Young Women Eligibility
- Open to female students currently enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate programmes, as well as recent graduates (graduated less than three years ago).
- Candidates of all nationalities and from all regions are welcome to apply, though, a portion of the spots will be reserved to applicants from Europe.
- The programme will be conducted in English; therefore, good English language skills are essential.
Mentorship Program for Young Women Application
The deadline for applications is July 8, 2022. Applications should be submitted in English using the online application form. Note that applicants will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A transcript of courses taken to date and grades received, and
- Two recommendation letters
For more information, visit YWNGI.
- Rhodes Global Scholarships 2023 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
- The Flywire Charitable Foundation 2022 Academic Scholarship
- National Population Commission (NPC) Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2022
- Huawei Spark Ignite 2022 – Global Startup Competition
- Fishbowl Challenge 2022 for Young College Entrepreneurs (Win up to $50,000)
- Apply for UNHCR Internship Program 2022
- NATO Defense College (NDC) Resident Fellowship Programme 2023
- WordPress Developer Needed at InMotion ICT Hub Limited
- Pan-Atlantic University Scholarship 2022 for Nigerian Students
- PwC Tech Talent Bootcamp for Young Nigerians
- Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program (Fully-funded)
- KPMG Africa Graduate Recruitment Program 2022 for young African graduates.