About the job
Every year, we welcome thousands of university students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passion, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Imagine yourself as a Microsoft intern. Join Microsoft today and help us innovate and shape the business of tomorrow.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Marketing intern roles, including but not limited to, those described below:
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences campaigns and marketing activities, develops integrated marketing campaigns, and delivers product, solutions, and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners.
- Manages plans, forecasts, and resource allocation to align with priorities for business performance and marketing return on investments (ROI).
- Uses business modeling and long-range financial plans to define the strategy for product stock keeping unit (SKU) and pricing.
- Drives product and opportunity value by analyzing market opportunity, segmentation and targeting, value proposition and positioning, through strong partnerships with Customer Market Research and Engineering groups.
- Ensures marketing execution, efficacy, and product advocacy by developing integrated marketing plans and driving internal and partner readiness for business return on investment (ROI).
The Marketing Communication Manager embraces our company’s Marketing principles, is a Microsoft Brand Steward, and drives ongoing improvements in maximizing marketing spend and driving marketing efficiency, and marketing impact.
- Develops and executes marketing communications strategies, plans, and mixes.
- Contributes insights towards development of a public relations plan for a product line, service, or local market that is focused on specified influential.
- Proposes solutions to or assists in resolution of obstacles that could impact budget, deliverables, or schedule.
As a Partner/Channel Marketing Manager you will shape the strategy and manage the execution of programs that drive partner profitability. Partner profitability programs accelerate partner cloud practice development by helping the partners build business plans, develop cloud offers, create go-to-market channels, form new business opportunities, increase partner satisfaction, and strengthen partner loyalty.
- Determines audience needs, preferences, competitive landscape and behavior along the customer or product lifecycle.
- Ensures that marketing plans engage appropriate channel types and capacity to meet business needs.
- Implements a part of channel readiness programs that drive sales and technical skills for partners, for successful customer engagement.
- Engages with the field to drive program awareness and adoption, and to track engine utilization and effectiveness.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field with at least one quarter/semester remaining to complete after internship.
- Demonstrates interest by the continually evolving craft of marketing.
The ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
ACE Rotation Program (Accelerated Connections and Experiences)
Applicants will also be considered for a marketing internship in the ACE Rotation Program —a marketing rotation program that begins with an internship in one of the roles outlined above, and assuming you return full-time, continues with 2 distinct, 1-year rotations in different marketing roles at Microsoft. See the ACE Rotation Program page for more details.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Top Tech Scholarships for Africans to Build High-income Tech Skills and Have Access to World Class Technologies
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) Program 2022 for young African Developers.
- ALX/Udacity tech scholarships for young Africans (Fully Funded) #SkillUpStandOut
- ALX Young Entrepreneurs Program 2022
- Paid Internships: 20 Top Companies and Organizations Currently Employing African Interns
- Microsoft 4Afrika Skillslab Program 2021 for young Nigerian Undergraduates & Fresh Graduates.
- Sales Intern Recruitment at Microsoft
- African Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Awards 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs in Africa