MainOne (An Equinix Company) is the leading provider of Wholesale and Enterprise connectivity and Data Center services across West Africa and the company partners with major global technology companies and regional telecom providers to service its customers. We continue to grow our footprint with new data centres, major network interconnection facilities, extensive terrestrial fiber build out, regional points of presence, and delivery of services into 10 countries in West Africa.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking to recruit young, smart and committed individuals who are self-starters to join our Graduate Trainee Program.
If you are resourceful, versatile, analytical, assertive, audacious, with a problem-solving mindset and interested in building a career in the Technology sector, then you are our ideal candidate. Our ideal candidates must also act with integrity at all times and buy into MainOne’s vision of being West Africa’s communications solutions provider of choice.
What is the MainOne Graduate Trainee Program About?
The MainOne Graduate Trainee Program is a 6-week intensive experience designed to provide a robust foundation for smart Graduates who desire to build careers in their chosen field. The Program combines classroom and practical training including role plays, to equip participants with the tools and knowledge required to succeed in MainOne.
An offer of full-time employment with MainOne is guaranteed for candidates who successfully complete the Graduate Trainee Program.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Candidates must be graduates with a minimum of a Second-Class Upper qualification or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- Candidates must have completed the mandatory 1-year NYSC program and should have 0 – 3 years post NYSC work experience.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate leadership qualities through extra-curricular activities
- Relevant certification(s) such as CCNA, CCNP, ITIL and/or a relevant post-graduate degree would be an advantage
- Ability to work with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) is essential
What Other Competencies Are Required?
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative-thinking ability
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Team working and collaboration skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
Graduate Aptitude Test
As part of our selection criteria, shortlisted candidates will be expected to write our aptitude test and an essay.
Once you are successful at the graduate test, you will be invited for a panel interview.
Upon successful completion of the recruitment process, you will be provided with a provisional offer to join the Graduate Trainee Program for a period of six (6) weeks.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies and Candidates:
Please note that MainOne does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. In the absence of a signed service agreement, MainOne will not consider or agree to any payment, referral fee or such other compensation to a recruitment agency. In the event of the submission of an unsolicited resume or referral from a recruitment agency without a signed service agreement, MainOne reserves the right to pursue and hire any such candidates without any obligation (financial or otherwise) to such recruitment agency.
In addition, MainOne does not support or approve hiring practices that obligate a candidate to pay a portion of his/her remuneration to a recruitment agency as compensation for a referral to MainOne.
- Apply for the Tetrix Challenge 2022 & Win a trip around the World
- Nuffic MENA Scholarship Program 2023 to Study in the Netherlands (Fully Funded)
- British Council IELTS Prize 2022 (Win £3,000)
- Call for Entry: Meta’s AR/VR Africa Boot Camp 2022 for African XR Talents.