Loughborough University UK 2022 Full-fee Development Africa Scholarships
Every year, Loughborough University UK offers a Full Tuition fee Graduate School Development Trust scholarship for African students.
Towards the end of each year, Loughborough University, UK announce its full-fee scholarships for international full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa.
The Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships covers 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
Aim and Benefits of Loughborough University PhD Scholarship
The scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources.
Please take note of the following:
- The University will award a limited number of scholarships
- The financial award will last for the full duration of the postgraduate taught degree programme
Requirements for Loughborough University PhD Scholarship Qualification
The Development Africa Scholarships application procedure is an open competition. Students may only apply for the scholarship after an offer for a place has been made. Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the scholarship using the application form which is available to download below.
Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff of the University. The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a first-class honours degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of their postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
Applicants are advised to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and reflects their abilities and motivation.