- Location: Remote (Anywhere)
- Job Type: Contract
- Category: Blog / Article Writing
- Company Type: Small Business
Home Inspector Secrets is an established and authoritative resource for home improvement and home maintenance (i.e., LG refrigerator reviews, how to install a whole house water filter, why is a GFCI outlet not resetting, how to install a window etc.).
We provide expert home guides on a wide range of home topics and product reviews of popular appliances.
Home Inspector Secrets has been mentioned in Reader’s Digest, This Old House, NBCNews, Apartment Therapy, Hunker, Today’s Homeowner, WikiHow and numerous other publications.
Our goal is to provide practical, actionable, and informative advice to make it easy for people to make good home improvement decisions.
There’s a lot of bad information on the internet filled with biased opinions and rehashed advice. We aim to provide valuable, well-researched home maintenance resources.
- Our budget is around $250 per week for (4) 1200-1700 word articles but is negotiable depending on experience.
What We’re Looking For
- We’re looking to hire a writer who can regularly contribute a minimum of 1-4 articles per week.
- Each article will be in the 1000-2000 word range.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Our ideal candidate understands how to do thorough research on home improvement topics and can handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly. We also prefer they have experience in the home improvement or home services industry.
Do you need to have home improvement experience?
- Yes, it is required that you have experience in the home improvement or home services industry.
- Some examples include current or past experience as a contractor (any type), architect, kitchen designer, home inspector, electrician, pest control tech, handyman, etc.
- We will also consider the experience of maintaining/renovating your own home if you have extensive knowledge. Past kitchen, bath, or basement remodeling experience is a plus.
- You should have a strong understanding of how homes work (compared to the average person) and be able to clearly and concisely share that with the typical homeowner.
How to apply?
- Please submit your application within the following Google form: https://forms.gle/MbiKkBErgUNUdqda6
- We move fast in our process and are motivated to fill this position quickly.
- Please include any experience you feel would be relevant to the home improvement niche and/or experience researching complicated subject matter.
- Please add any links or samples to work that you think would strengthen your application
- Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Engineers 2022
- New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 (Paid position)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022