Deadline: 18th December, 2020
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job status: Full time Permanent
LEAP Africa is a non profit organization focused on raising dynamic, innovative and principled leaders who will drive positive transformation in Africa. We provide relevant and tailored interventions that support effective youth transitions in the area of education, entrepreneurship & employability, civic participation and social mobility for young Africans.
We are on a strategic journey towards building a world class institution that seeks to be an ecosystem builder, a thought leader and a development hub for young people. We are seeking to hire an Alumni Engagement and Communications Officer to coordinate all activities and engagement on the LEAP Africa Alumni Network and supporting the organization’s communications unit, towards achieving the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs’ in Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Alumni Community Management
- Engage and build a strong LEAP Africa Alumni Network ( LAAN) by curating educative and actionable plans
- Support and listen to their feedback across all channels (Alumni Portal, Telegram and Social Media).
- Coordinate alumni customized engagement activities and management of the LEAP Alumni database; Foster relationships and ensure active participation
- Collate and project success stories of LAAN members and grow the network
- Collaborate with LAAN Exco in achieving their priorities including fundraising, organizing programmes and events.
- Develop and ensure seamless execution of publicity and marketing materials for the LAAN, newsletters, blog posts etc.
- Create engaging content for the LAAN social media accounts to drive publicity for its activities and events (e.g. twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, LEAP blog), also monitor & report performance metrics quarterly; Manage LAAN social media activities.
- Monitor adherence to the LAAN brand for all external communications. Undertake any other public outreach activities as assigned.
- Support the achievements of communications and marketing objectives.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the organization’s social media strategy, ensuring successful deployment of the strategy in line with the organization’s goal.
- Create and ensure seamless execution of social media content calendars and schedules.
- Ensure content calendar covers all areas of the organization’s activities including programmes
- Monitor, measure and analyse the performance of content using analytics on a quarterly basis across twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, LEAP blog) Collaborate with other units to develop content strategies, directions quarterly including writing the copies.
- Support with content writing and development
- Provide support in creation of multi-media productions for the organization including commercials, short, documentaries, audio messages and videos in various internet formats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, social sciences or other related field.
- 3-5 years experience in social media, corporate communications, community management and/or alumni management. Experience in the nonprofit industry is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of social media, communications, marketing, and administrative duties.
- Highly organized, creative and resourceful.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Google Suite etc.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including stakeholder engagement skills; Must be very responsive.
- A high level of integrity and sound judgment.
For more information visit official webpage of leap Africa career