The Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (LAP) was conceptualised by Mr Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu as an intervention programme aimed at creating jobs, alleviating poverty and ensuring food security through training and empowerment of women and youths in modern agricultural practices as Agripreneurs.
This is in line with the roles of the Ministry of Agriculture in the T.H.E.M.E.S. Agenda of the State Government which include Capacity Building, Wealth & Employment Generation, Ensuring Food Security, among others.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for placement into One-Month Training in;
- Vegetable Value Chains
- E-Agric and Agribusiness at the Agricultural Training Institute, Araga, Epe.
At the completion of training, participants will also undergo a minimum of 3 months internship and mentorship phase in their chosen value chains. Thereafter, successful participants will be linked to sources of finance for loan consideration.
2. Passion for agriculture
3. Minimum of Senior Secondary School Certificate
4. Satisfactory physical/health condition
5. Age ranges between 18-35 years for men and 18-55 years for women.
Method of Application:
1. Applicants are required to visit the website of the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture (https://agriculture.lagosstate.gov.ng/news/admission-into-a-one-(1)-month-lap-intensive-training) for further information, from 12th September, 2022 to commence the LAP application.
2. Applicants should follow the online instructions on filling the registration form and upload required documents (LASRRA Card and Academic Credentials)
3. Applicants are advised to take pictures of the above mentioned documents and store on their Smart Phones, Tablets or Laptop / Desk Top computers prior to accessing the registration portal. This is for ease of uploading the documents on request.
4. Applicants are instructed to fill in all required details as failure to do so would render their application incomplete.
5. Shortlisted candidates will be notified through SMS to attempt online Aptitude Test on dates to be slated for each month.
Click here to apply.
- Call for Applications: DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2022
- Call for Application: 9mobile Essay Competition 2022
- Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship (Funded to Berlin)
- Call for Applications: Africa StartUp Initiative Program
- UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2022 for Nigerian Students
- First National Bank (FNB) International Graduate Trainee Program 2022 for Young Graduates.
- D-Prize Challenge 2022 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs (Win up to $20,000)
- Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2023 for study in Ireland