About the Role
Conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication Writing informative and engaging articles to help brands showcase their products. Responsible for creating the best possible written or visual content, from blog posts to press releases.
Analyze data and apply strategic thought to create compelling grant proposals, reports, and other program-related content in line with client requirements and in keeping with Smarter Good’s standards
- Produce well-researched content for publication online and in print
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services.
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Submit work to editors for input and approval.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use Search Engine Optimization guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in the content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Research skills.
- A solid understanding of Search Engine Optimization.
- Adaptability and staying current
- Organizational Skills
- Strong Research Skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Ability to meet deadlines
Experience & Qualifications
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
- Familiarity with web publications
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- A portfolio of published articles
- Design Interns Needed at Bitmama
- Remote User Interface Designer Needed at Thirteen Eleven Technology & Design
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble