9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, IT Program & Portfolio Management
- Provide support to project delivery organizations and oversee thesuccessful completion of initiatives through planning, execution, andmonitoring of projects. Primarilyfocused on timely and cost-effective delivery of business benefits.
- Support project delivery organization in managing time, quality and scope of IT implementations to ensure there are no deviations from plan and ensure efforts are focused on delivering the agreed objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships and communication with key internal and external stakeholders across the organization.
- Provide adequate feedback system on process improvement initiatives which are outcomes of program oversight function.
- Directly supervise the planning and execution of all IT projects to ensure delivery of business benefits.
- Influence resource allocation from all EMTS stakeholders to achieve efficient & timely delivery of project output.
- Support the coordination of the IT Program board meetings and follow through with agreed actions. Prepare status reports for projects in-flight. Provide oversight function for all governance reporting.
- Responsible for preparing and generating reports to 9mobile corporate PMO, group and other aspect of business.
- Proactively identify and respond to risks / escalated problems from vendor organizations during implementation to minimize project risks
- Enforce compliance for all project changes
- Influence EMTS and project delivery organization stakeholders by creating positive relationships through the appropriate channels to manage expectations and agreed objectives
- Promote quality of project delivery process by ensuring compliance to 9mobile quality and test standards.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions to deliver strategic projects.
- Maintain a central record system and ensure knowledge base for all implementations are maintained for audit and reference purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Program and Portfolio Management.
- First Degree in Numerate, Technology or Sciences (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics).
- Project management qualification (e.g. PMP, Prince 2, CSM) as an advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience particularly in a project driven organization.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project and/or equivalent tools.
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Experience in a telco environment is an advantage.
- Good Communication& Presentation skills.
- Problem Solving skills & Good Analytic skills.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under pressure.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online