IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Fixed Assets
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job Type: Full-time, Associate
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our Finance team in Nigeria as a Specialist, Fixed Assets.
- The Specialist, Fixed Assets will execute Fixed Assets best practices and processes across in-market entities
- Support ongoing change, process standardization and continuous improvement initiatives across the FA function.
- Support Manager, Fixed Assets on all SSC-related activities pertaining to FA, including transition of in-market activities, processes and systems knowledge to SSC.
- Support and assist in coordinating timely recording of all FA activities, including new additions, deletions, inter-entity movements/ transfers, decommissioning activities and disposals.
- Ensure completion and management of appropriate trackers for Capex projects, including replacement Capex and non-routine maintenance programmes. Maintain liaison with the Project Management Office (PMO) and Rollout teams and the Chief Technical Officer’s (CTO’s) office.
- Execute monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information with SSC, including Capex accruals, IFRS accounting, Capex cost reviews and assessments for major vendors, etc. Ensure accuracy of post-close financial statements pertaining to FA.
- Assist in resolving Capex-related queries and issues in consultation with local Technical and Real Estate teams.
- Provide accounting assistance to support user departments and operations/ technical staff. Respond to financial questions/ concerns to meet business needs.
- Provide any out-of-turn support for processing urgent or critical requests and ensure coordination with SSC team.
- Provide support for all internal and external audit coordination work related to FA.
- Support performance management and reporting against FA metrics with core focus on Capex projects, age analysis for Capital Work in Progress (CWIP) and capital advances, and actual vs forecast analyses for Capex and depreciation.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable SOX requirements.
- Ensure strict compliance with policies, processes, procedures, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Perform any other activities or tasks assigned from time to time and/ or required as part of continuous improvement initiatives within the company.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Fixed Assets.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (Finance and Management-related strongly preferred).
- Evidence of study towards or completion of professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- +4 years’ relevant post-NYSC work experience in core accounting function.
- Demonstrable proficiency in use of MS Office tools.
- Must possess solid knowledge of Fixed Assets best practices and trends which support implementation of effective business partnering.
- Proven work history of finance business partnering and use of ERP platforms.
- Experience in Finance functions within telco industry is an added advantage.
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Relationship Building
- Strong knowledge of IFRS 16 and other accounting standards
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Partnering
- Financial Accounting
- Problem Solving
- Use of MS Office Tools
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online