Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Enterprise Manager
Job ID: 2022-3519
Category: Global Operations
Department: Social Enterprise
- PSI Nigeria is a dynamic platform implementing cutting edge programming to improve women’s access to vital reproductive health services. The Social Enterprise Manager will be responsible for developing and growing an exciting Social Enterprise portfolio and market in Nigeria initially focused on the SRHR space.
- He/She is charged with implementation of PSI’s Sales and Marketing strategies, plans and activities with the goal of developing and growing different PSI and donor brands in the Market.
- Reports to the Regional Social Enterprise Lead with a dotted line to the Country Representative.
Below is the summary of the specific Roles:
- Working closely with the PSI Social Enterprise teams, Lead planning and launch of the new Global PSI brands in the Nigeria market.
- Lead the sales, and medical detailer teams, and work closely with the Social Enterprise Lead to ensure Nigeria’s enterprise goals relating to the P&L, Market Growth and Market execution are achieved.
- Develop PSI Nigeria’s annual marketing and business planning process for all brands.
- Propose and lead the market research and landscaping process developing useful market and consumer insights to data driven decision making by PSI.
- Propose and track metrics to measure the effectiveness of PSI marketing interventions.
- Oversee scale of the Sales Force Automation and other digital innovations to drive PSI objectives of sustainably bringing care closer to the consumers.
- PSI lead representative at market development engagements with different stakeholders including MoH, Private and Commercial players.
- Work with the pharmacy teams to lead new product registrations in Nigeria.
- Identification of strategic partnerships in Nigeria that could expand product offerings beyond the PSI owned brands.
Key Performance Indicators
- Marketing Strategy and Plans for existing and new products, developed and executed in line with PSI planning guidelines
- Marketing spend fully managed within approved budgets
- PSI Business Plan commitments on market growth, revenue targets and brand performance achieved.
- Financial monitoring system developed for the Strategic Business Unit with monthly monitoring and reporting structure;
- Social Enterprise marketing plan in place addressing products, price, promotion (including site communication plans) & place and activities implemented that will lead to increased visibility, customer volume to the clinics, increased revenue/ profits and clinic financing;
- Timely visibility of sales and medical detailer activities and field performance through SFA
- Market Landscaping and intelligence reports for decision making
- Strategic products and partnerships identified for potential engagement by PSI
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Business or relevant subject or fields (e.g. Finance, Entrepreneurship).
- Degree across a variety of disciplines including strategic account management, marketing, medicine, finance, B/P administration, Pharmacy etc.
- CIM and MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working at the management level of a business enterprise.
- Finance background either through education or experience;
- External experiences and international experience is a plus;
- Understanding of local healthcare and small and medium enterprises systems is a plus;
- Experience in social enterprises an added advantage.
- Experience in sales and brand management from an FMCG background an added advantage
Key Personal Competencies:
- Business & Financial Acumen: Understands and intelligently applies economic, financial, and industry data to make sound business decisions.
- Influencing/Negotiation skills: Ability to understand both internal and customer perspectives so as to be able to build a win-win strategy for financial and value-based negotiation.
- Working Across Boundaries: Thinks and acts beyond one’s silo – bridges team, functional, divisional and/or geographical boundaries.
- Strategic Thinking: Visualizes the way forward, identifying opportunities that add value to the work and to the business.
- Project Management: Organizes work efforts by prioritizing tasks, using resources optimally, establishing appropriate deadlines and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Productive Communication: Plans and delivers ideas and information to others in an impactful manner.
- Strategic Business Management: Ability to set strategic plans, consider execution tradeoffs and continuously adjust approaches to maximize business performance.
- Market Access: Deep knowledge of the healthcare environment, payer decision- making processes, product pricing and distribution to demonstrate value to franchisees and their customers across our therapeutic areas.
- Highly self-driven and passionate about what they do
- Must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You will strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You will not be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it is the only way you will learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You will quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you will not succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of thedoubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online