IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Fixed Assets
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job Type: Full-time, Mid-Senior level
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our Finance team in Nigeria as a Senior Specialist, Fixed Assets.
- The Senior Specialist, Fixed Assets will execute Fixed Assets best practices and processes across in-market entities
- Manage the business partnering function with SSC for all lease related transactions.
- Oversee daily activities of direct reports and other members of the FA team.
- Responsible for enforcing SOX controls related to lease accounting
- Review all IFRS 16 accounting inputs and outputs to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with the standard.
- Coordinating timely recording of all lease-related activities, including new additions, renewals, inter-entity movements/ transfers, and decommissioning activities. Act as focal point for ensuring ERP recording of these activities by SSC.
- Reviewing of all monthly OneStream uploads and ensuring that all steps and processes to ensure its accuracy have been followed.
- Ensure end-to-end management and coordination of timely recording of new additions, deletions, decommissioning activities and disposals, including liaison with in-market teams and SSC.
- Ensure effective management of appropriate trackers for Capex projects, including replacement Capex and non-routine maintenance programmes.
- Coordinate monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information with SSC, including Capex accruals, IFRS accounting, Capex cost reviews and assessments for major vendors, etc. Ensure accuracy of post-close financial statements pertaining to FA.
- Manage all Capex and lease-related queries and issues in consultation with local Technical and Real Estate teams. Ensure liaison between the company, vendors and external accountants to meet information needs and proper maintenance of information to meet historical purposes.
- Provide accounting assistance to support user departments and operations/ technical staff. Respond to financial questions/ concerns to meet business needs.
- Act as point of contact with SSC on escalations and urgent requests pertaining to FA.
- Provide any out-of-turn support for processing urgent or critical requests and ensure coordination with SSC team.
- Support performance management and reporting against FA metrics with core focus on Capex projects, age analysis for Capital Work in Progress (CWIP) and capital advances, and actual vs forecast analyses for Capex and depreciation.
- Ensure implementation of Finance policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure strict compliance with policies, processes, procedures, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Support training and education on new policies, practices and standards.
- Perform other activities or tasks assigned from time to time and/ or required as part of continuous improvement initiatives within the company.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Fixed Assets.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (Finance and Management-related strongly preferred).
- Evidence of study towards or completion of professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- +4 years’ relevant post-NYSC work experience in core accounting function.
- Demonstrable proficiency in use of MS Office tools.
- Must possess solid knowledge of Fixed Assets best practices and trends which support implementation of effective business partnering.
- Proven work history of finance business partnering and use of ERP platforms.
- Experience in Finance functions within telco industry is an added advantage.
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Relationship Building
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Partnering
- Financial Accounting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS 16 and other accounting standards
- Problem Solving
- Process Standardization & Optimization
- Use of MS Office Tools
- Good knowledge of SOX Internal Controls.
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online