millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners in Nigeria. We provide loans, savings, and fixed deposit solutions to our customers. Our vision is to be the most convenient lending company, delivering outstanding service experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are the place for you, if:
- You are excited about technology and the complexities of the future. You’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution. You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals. You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- We are currently seeking to expand our Engineering team. The Backend developer will utilize backend data services and contribute when required to creating and updating data services API.
- You will lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support.
- Build highly reliable and scalable cloud-based applications
- Work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) based environment with bright and forward-thinking developers and quality engineers
- Develop and adhere to best-practices for developing applications
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- A minimum of 5 years of proven work experience as a developer
- Experience in developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience in Spring, Spring boot, Struts, or equivalent J2EE framework software
- Excellent skills in DB Schema design and SQL development
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and hands on experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
- Working knowledge and experience with JQuery, Ajax, JSON, CSS, HTML
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Enjoy adding structure and developing approaches to ambiguous problems
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively, and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Are excel and numbers-savvy and very detail oriented
- Possess investigation & Diagonistic skills
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in/with a large team
What is in it for you
- You’ll work on solutions to complex, real-world challenges with tangible social and economic impact.
- You will receive competitive compensation and work with passionate teammates in a flat, performance-driven culture.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online