- Pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree with a focus on one or more of the following research areas: computer audition, human computer interaction (with either a video or audio focus), computer vision, deep learning, and computer vision.
- Track record of developing new research ideas, as demonstrated by one or more first author publications or projects.
- Publications at top ML/Audio/HCI conferences is a big plus: CHI, UIST, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ISMIR, Interspeech, ICASSP.
Descript is building the next generation of tools for communicating with video and audio. We are a team of 85 (planning to double in 2022) — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
As a small startup, Descript relies on employees who thrive in an environment where they are regularly called upon to translate high level goals into day-to-day priorities, and are regularly presented with technical and business challenges that extend beyond their comfort zone.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and unlimited vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PST and EST time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.
Suggested Remote Jobs:
- Remote Freelance Entry Level Writer Needed at Eleven Writing
- Remote Entry-Level WordPress Developer Needed at YTViews
- Remote Freelance Website Copywriter Needed at THEHOT
- Remote Back-end Engineer Needed at Gemography
- Remote Web, UI/UX Designer Needed at Outliant LLC
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Codeable
- Remote Freelance Website Content Writers Needed at ShoutVox
- Remote Copywriter Needed at Latoke
- Remote Mobile Engineer Needed at Ladder